Tuesday, January 11, 2011

As the River flows

It's not much, but not much can turn into a little. A little to a lot. A lot to a noticing. A noticing to a job. A job to a career. A career to inspire others to create not much.
So here's the first verse, half a chorus and start of the second verse of a rap I wrote today:

Left high school as a drama queen,
18, moved to Sydney she was new on the scene.
With a lean mean figure,
She found love in a Digger*,
But that handsome young man turned out to be a sinner.
A month goes by, they always fight, she's always losing.
Her hands are tied, her lips are tight, covered in bruises.
He snoozes, she grabs her bag and jumps a train,
She might be young and dumb and vuln'rable, but nothing's worth that fucking pain!

I don't know where she's from,
And I don't know where I'm going.
But if the weather is willing,
And the river is flowing
We can continue our growing,
From now until forever,
I'll be yours if you be mine
And we can stand up together.

She contemplates, life and all it's mysteries,
Sits next to me, and starts to tell me her life history.
"It comforts me," She says....

That's all I've written so far, but I'm determined to write more as it comes to me. Hell, I may even design the music for it myself, nothing too fancy, a beat, a chorus tune.

*Digger = Australian Soldier (please note, most Australian Soldiers, I'm sure, are wonderful men and women)

No comments:

Post a Comment